CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

One Week and Counting


It's been a long time since I've blogged, and it is because I have been enjoying a very busy summer! I spent two weeks at camp, as well as some random days in between helping out there. Then I spent some time with the youth centre kids before I leave...it's kind of a bittersweet thing...being so happy to be going to Haiti, and yet wondering what's going to happen to "my kids" that I have invested the last three years of my life into. It's kinda hard to realize and accept that my time with them is done and I have to leave them to the the next youth workers at Youth For Christ...I'm glad that Mark is still there and that will be a constant for them... and knowing that those seeds are going to be continued to be watered.


Then, I spent some time camping all over the province for the last week and a bit...saw a bear, helped rescue some lost hikers(long, crazy, amazing God timing story!), saw some more bears, enjoyed the beauty and majesty of God's creation, went white water rafting(and pulled our guide out of the rapids after he got flipped off) saw a bear and her two cubs, shared some concern with fellow campers about the bear population, and had a really nice time with some good friends before I leave!


I spent the last couple days doing some more camping with another friend, and we spent lots of time talking about how soon I was leaving and how I'm processing that. I'm really excited, all the while having a hard time believing how soon I am leaving! I have no idea where the last month went...I was having "whoa!" issues when the count was at 40 days!! It's kinda weird, because I don't feel at this point that being away is going to be that diffficult, but having so much freedom and spending so much time with friends that last two weeks has really reminded me how much I love my friends! And that kinda makes it sucky that I am leaving so soon! But, I also know how much I love Haiti, and the people and kids at the orphanage, and I am so happy that I am leaving soon! It's weird to feel so many things at the same time!

Anyway, I'd appreciate your prayers this next week as I make the final preparations to leave.

0 comments: